The large national chains that dominate the market, small hardware stores sometimes difficult time to be competitive. The key is to find a unique selling proposition of the business and take advantage of it, so customers see the value you choose more than one of the larger stores. Here are some good ways to do business stand out.
- Giveaways -If the first store to open (or even if you are just looking for an extra push) offer a small gift that customers purchase. These are the tools and products you can use to brand your store information, hammers, tape measures, levels, etc. If a customer uses the product, and you run out of something, or determine that you need to visit the store, they'll see the details and immediately return trip!
- In-Store classes -Hardware stores often form a bit of culture and social atmosphere, so find a way to play this up. A great choice to sponsor training courses and seminars at the store. Work with the manufacturers to provide information that customers find valuable. Even employees can instruct these classes are nothing less than a complete remodeling, home improvement products. List the classes you're offering that month above the cash registers is a large vinyl banner can be seen that clearly informs customers the opportunity to expand their knowledge.
- Charity Donations -Offer products to charitable groups and organizations, the city, which builds and repairs homes for the less fortunate. This is great PR for your business, it makes you a more authentic, and in return you are often able to advertise in the domestic spot a yard sign or banner. When customers see that you make to the community, they are more inclined to buy you.
- Ladies Night -The most hardware stores predominant market men. While most customers probably male, do not neglect the ladies. Host "Ladies Night" in-store offers educational classes and even a special discount on purchases by women. Use removable window clings to the store a little feminine. There is a huge potential market that is somewhat in-utilized and the right approach to female customers can dramatically affect your business.
- Personal Shoppers -Some customers complain that hardware or home improvement stores vast. To counteract the opposition of personal shopping service to customers. Products have been working daily to customers located in anyway, but it is an official program of the revenue opportunity. Customers are an employee directed them around the store and help them find what they need in a project, or even, more convenience, staff can pre-select products that they need to when the customer arrives, all you have to do is check it out.